Care & Maintenance
- Do not place any indoor furniture in direct sunlight as this may cause timber, fabric, leather and other materials to fade or crack. Direct sunlight includes sunlight through a window – use curtains or blinds to protect your furniture.
- Do not place furniture too close to a heater or air conditioning vent as this may distort the material or surface finish.
- Always lift furniture when moving it around the home and never drag items.
- Standing on a chair or rocking on the back of the chair may weaken the structure and possibly cause joint failure.
- The use of floor protectors on the bottom of furniture (such as tables and chairs) will minimize damage to floor coverings.
- Use coasters, place mats, tablecloths and table runners to protect furniture surfaces.
- Use felt or plastic bump-ons under ceramic vases with rough surfaces
- Avoid placing hot or wet items directly on the surface as they can leave marks which are difficult to remove.
- Avoid direct sunlight, as this will cause colour change. If the furniture is positioned in direct sunlight, move items, such as vases, around to avoid spotting.
- Dust once a week using a soft cloth or similar duster.
- Clean with a slightly damp cloth. Do not use any waxes or polishes as this will cause a build up on the item.
Slate and Marble Pieces
- Dilute sunlight liquid in water and clean the surface gently.
- For Slate: Apply Cobra Liquid Furniture polish and buff with a soft cloth.
- For Marble: Marble is naturally a porous material, making it susceptible to staining as it has an increased absorbency. It is essential that no liquids are left to sit on marble as they will penetrate the stone and cause staining. Wipe up spills immediately with a damp cloth. Clean regularly with warm soapy water.
- Vacuum regularly with a soft upholstery attachment. Vacuuming will remove grit that can also wear away the fabric.
- Avoid placing the fabric near direct sunlight or heat sources as they can fade and damage the fabric.
- Where possible, rotate the cushions to even the wear.
- Do not sit on the arms of the sofas and chairs.
- It is natural that cushion fillings will settle and seat foams will soften over time.
- Treat spills and stains as soon as possible by wiping with a damp cloth, do not treat with chemical cleaners or scrub as this can alter the fabrics appearance.
- Use a professional dry cleaning service at least once a year to maintain the appearance of the fabric. Furniture with removable covers must be cleaned while still on to minimize shrinking.